Saturday 17 September 2016

Liptember this September

September shall now be renamed to Liptember as we help kiss away the blues with an amazing initiative that helps raise awareness and much needed funds for women's mental health during the month of September.

Mental Health is something massive happening to those close around us that we may have never thought about or are going through tough times. About two months ago I participated in Mental Health First Aid training and the facilitator training us said I could listen to you all for a few minutes and diagnose each and every single one of you in the room with a mental health illness.


Recently I attended a breakfast and had the honors of hearing from the founder of Liptember, Luke Morris - who is a male, which first shocked me when I began to learn about Liptember a few years back. Luke is hoping to raise $1 million dollars this Liptember.

How can you get involved?
Purchase Liptember lipsticks from Chemist Warehouse, My Chemist or My Beauty Spot - be bold with your lip colors for a day, week or the month and post it to social raising awareness and donate to Liptember or get sponsors to donate on your behalf.


One of my favourite ways to get involved in purchasing a Liptember Beauty Box for $30 filled with value of over $250. I picked up mine at the Media breakfast event were all proceeds go towards Liptember with many great brands in support of Liptember.



All funds raised in Liptember are donated directly to The Centre For Women's Mental Health and Lifeline Australia.



Disclosure: This post has been made in collaboration with Liptember. I was invited along to the above mentioned event in exchange for its promotion here. I received no payment for this review and all opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 NJT Blogger