Saturday 25 April 2015

Lest We Forget - Anzac Day 2015


They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.


Today on this day, 25th April 2015 marks 100 years since 60,000 Australians landed on the shores of Gallipoli. Territory unknown  - a woman's husband, a mother's son, a child's father just a few of what those brave men could have been to someone. 

I have always wanted to attend a dawn service which is something I hadn't been apart of until this morning. It was a special one to mark as 100 years so what better way to start my attendance. 
Waking in the early hours of 4am, getting Niah and myself ready and leaving the house by quarter past 5 to ensure we would arrive on time. 
Rain was coming down when I drove out of our garage but rain, hail or shine I was making going to be present for this dawn service. 


It's something spectacular seeing so many literally hundreds possibly thousands and larger venues come together in remembrance of those who fought for what we have today. The young and the elderly all stood here on this morning to remember and to thank. 

I am thankful. 

Lest We Forget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 NJT Blogger