Monday 22 December 2014

Gingerbread House with Kmart

It's not normal of me to get into a festive baking frenzy, which you will have seen on my past recent posts and my social media channels but I think now that Niah is older and needs entertaining that we can enjoy baking and decorating together.


I went the cheat way with doing a Gingerbread House that we purchasd for $8 from Kmart - the cheapest price I've seen out for a DIY Gingerbread House kit. 


Included in your kit; you'll receive the precut gingerbread house pieces, premade icing, a selection of decorative candy and a plastic board to place your house onto. 

When I went to get the gingerbread house I was cautious of broken kits so gave them a little shake in store to hear for any big clunks of movement from the gingerbread pieces and found one that I thought would be alright. 
I opened up my kit and it seemed fine until I unwrapped the pieces and had a broken side window piece, broken front door piece and broken rooftop piece - a piece from each unfortunately. I think this may have been due to the tight plastic wrapping they are individually wrapped in as it was placing a lot of pressure onto the gingerbread pieces. 



I didn't find an adequate amount of icing and had to mix up my own icing when it came to decorating the roof parts. 
The decorative candy was plentiful was extras to eat along the way whilst decorating. 


I did see that Kmart had three (3) different DIY Gingebread House Kits available ranging from prices of $8 - $13.
The $13 one was a little village that had I think 4 or 5 little gingerbread houses to make. 

1 comment:

  1. Could be coincidence, but my son vomited massively after eating this, and the rest of my family felt a little queasy. Comment based on phone conversation with my wife who is still on holiday with kids.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2015 NJT Blogger