Monday 30 June 2014

Brand Focus: Jax Coco


Jax Coco is a brand I have seen at many expos and have always wanted to get onto my blog.
With my body transformation/ weight loss journey I thought this would be the perfect time to get them involved with my blog, after having a phone chat with the marketing manager of Jax Coco, giving them an insight to my blog and my journey they were delighted to get on board and send me out some of their products to aid.


I was such a very generous care package of 6 x 1L bottles of Jax Coco Coconut Water and a jar of Jax Coco Extra Virgin Centrifuged Coconut Oil.  What a massive help they have been through several ways of consumption in my diet.


JAX COCO 1 LITRE TETRA COCONUT WATER - RRP $74.95 for 12pk carton:
I ALWAYS have a coconut water drink after a gym workout as its great for hydration as it is a natural source of electrolytes.
Why the coconut water craze? Well, its because its low on the glycemic index - it won't spike your sugar levels and won't promote body fat storage.
Opt for a coconut water after a gym workout instead of a sugary sports drink as those drinks are sweetened with high fructose corn syrup which is a high glycemic index sweetener that will do the opposite to what I explained above.

JAX COCO EXTRA VIRGIN CENTRIFUGED COCONUT OIL - RRP $18.95 for 400mL:
There is many benefits to coconut oil but what I want to focus on is the weight loss side of it because that's what I am trying to achieve as well as being healthy of course.
Coconut oil can be confused and has been previously put into the 'bad' category because of the high saturated fat levels but as we know saturated fat is not so bad and it's a healthier option as an oil.
Coconut oil is easier to digest and helps maintaining a healthier working of the thyroid and endocrine system. It helps with our metabolism by taking stress off the pancreas in order for us to burn up energy.

I have my work cut out for me with getting creative in the kitchen but I will leave you with a quick recipe of making your own homemade protein bars with the Jax Coco extra virgin centrifuged coconut oil.


Cake Batter Protein Bars


INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 tbsp Jax Coco  extra virgin centrifuged coconut oil 
  • 4 tbsp of coconut flour 
  • 1 tbsp of sprinkles 
  • 3 scoops of WPI protein 
  • 1/2 cup of almond milk (but add till you get the right cake like batter texture) 

METHOD:
1. Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and mix.
2. Flatten ingredients into a tray then push in sprinkles on top
3. Refrigerate until mixture hardens
4. Cut into desired bar sizes
5. ENJOY!! 

Keep your eye out because this is not the last you will see of Jax Coco on my blog, there is many more healthy recipes coming your way with use of the Jax Coco products!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 NJT Blogger