Sunday 30 June 2013

Legally Blonde: The Musical

All those who know me well enough will know that I have been a die hard biggest fan ever to Reese Witherspoon and fell inlove with her from her younger filming days.
Legally Blonde is definitely on the top of the list of my favs of her movies and I was the little groupie who went and saw these in cinemas - even the second one in cinemas by myself whilst I left my movie date watching something else haha.

When I heard Legally Blonde was being made into a Musical, I was dying to go! I was very lucky enough to be taken by my best friend to the musical - what a best friend right?!?!?!?


Lucy Durack played main character Elle alongside heart-throb Rob Mills playing Warner.
What amazing actors to be selected. Was a bit sad that Rob played the bad guy, would of loved to have seen him as Emmett.

Rob Mills, Lucy Durack & David Harris on Opening Night. Photo credit: Jeff Busby

Legally Blonde is an awesome girls night out to get the crew together and enjoy something different then just a plain old lunch or dinner date.
Legally Blonde: The Musical has catchy songs that will get stuck into your head and leave you singing them after the show in your head, or maybe in the shower?? whatever your fancy ;P

My favourite things about the musical was selecting Erika Heynatz as Brooke who is accused of murdering her husband and needs a good lawyer to prove her innocence.
I've seen Erika on TV a few times and it was really good to see her live in performance doing something other then tv shows. Who knew that Erika was that fit and had a perfect body? I was so shocked seeing her in her jail jumpsuit, that woman is stunning!!
In the jail scenes you will see that some of the girls in the background are boys which I had a chuckle over - wonder if it was balloons for those oversized boobs?

Erika on stage. Photo credit: Jeff Busby.

Another favourite to the show was Paulette's UPS guy - they made an extra ordinary performance together!! 
'Paulette' and 'UPS hunk' on stage. Photo credit: Jeff Busby.

And we can't forget the 2 show stoppers - 

'Bruiser' and 'Rufus' on Opening Night. Photo Credit: Jeff Busby.

Melbourne is the last stop for Legally Blonde: The Musical so best to get in quick before the show leaves Melbournians! Even those boys reading... surprise the misses!! She'll love it and I know secretly you will too ;P I had a guy sitting next to me with his partner and he was laughing through it as well.

To purchase tickets - head too:
Show is closing 14th July, 2013.

To read more about the performance - head too:
http://www.legallyblonde.com.au/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 NJT Blogger